Your Best You
Are you trying to figure out your next step and you’re faced with multiple paths for a career or hobby or life? When some sort of direction must be chosen and I’m needing a little help, I came up with these parameters in which to vet a path. Many will sound familiar; you may already be doing some of them, but there is something about the totality of this list that has really helped me.
I hope it will help you too!
1) What do you already do when left unsupervised? In an unscheduled day, where do you go, who do you see? How do you flow through the day? Week? Are you content with the way you do?
2) What do you love? Why? Anything goes here; it does not need to be practical, achievable, or plausible. Just name it. From chocolate to a good ladder.
3) When does your ego fall away? (Every time I try to write EGO, I say EAGLE. So when do you soar like an eagle, and bypass being sore from ego?) Who are you with? Where are you? What are you doing?
4) What are you good at? What are you passionate about? What gets your dander up? What do others see as your gifts? What do you see as your gifts? Is there a common thread?
5) When do you feel “seen”? What are you doing? Who are you with?
6) When do you feel truly connected to your higher power? Where are you?
7) When and where does your best self show up? The one where you like yourself, and so do others.
8) When do you feel joyful, peaceful, valued, loved, and able to serve?
9) What comes easily and naturally for you, where you don’t have to try? What do you discount as “Oh, that? I don’t give it a second thought.” But maybe you should.
11) In looking back on your life, what is most important for you to be known for? What do you want your legacy to be? What would you feel happy knowing you left for others?
Okay…your ideas here! What truths emerge when you read your answers to the questions? Let me know!